Sunday, March 22, 2015

Well that sucked

Had my surgery, went worse than I expected. Didn't hear from the surgeon after the fact really as he saw me in post-op but we didn't really talk as I was in a SUPER amount of pain. As in, BAWLING!!!!!!!!!!!!

The nurse had the audacity to tell me that I needed to "calm down" - dude, I'm in pain, how about you do something about it and THEN I'll calm down!!! UUUUUUGGGGHHHHHH

I even told her that I would calm down once the pain was reduced. Her response was that I had gotten everything that I could.... as if that should stop anything! I couldn't believe that she wasn't advocating for me. It was VERY incredibly frustrating to be on the pt side and experience this all. The way that they tried to "deal" with my pain was by giving me Ativan.... because I was hyperventilating due to the pain. Oh and giving me a popsicle.

I was told that I had packing "down there", so the nurses kept checking me. The surgeon when he stepped in (because I was in so much pain) told me that I had a small abcess so I'm assuming the packing had to do with that. It has any other time. This time was a bit different.

The pain didn't decrease until I changed position of being on my back to being lateral (Rt lateral was better) then when I decided to try to rest (my pain had decreased from 9 to 5 which was far more managable) that when I closed my eyes and rested my Sats dropped to 83% which sent the nurses running.... so they wouldn't let me relax.... but instead shifted me off to the next stage of post-op where they rush you to get dressed and leave!

There my nausea picked up and I ended up vomiting the popsicle and then dry heaving - it all sucks. Thankfully the new nurse offered me something to help for the nausea and it settled enough for me to try to get dressed. At this point hubby came in and provided some assistance, which was certainly needed and very helpful.

This time I made sure that hubby brought with him a wheelchair cuz the last time he forgot one and I had to wait for him to get it. Then he loaded me up and off we went with the discharge instructions and prescription.

Hubby was there when I vomited and knew I was feeling really rough so when we got in the car I told him that I wanted to go home. I realized as we were leaving the hospital that one of the computers was in the same city and since I was going to be off for almost 3 wks that it was important to go get the computer since we were already in that neck of the woods. So off we went and grabbed that. Then I told him in no uncertain terms to TAKE ME HOME!!!

Then he told me that he wanted to take me to go bring the prescription in to the pharmacy which I was k with until he told me that he wanted to pick up my gingerale then as well.... I didn't want to wait, I was feeling yucky and I just had surgery.... I just wanted to go home!!!!! To crawl in my bed and try to sleep! UGH!

15 minutes later he comes back and asks me if we could stop off at the ethnic grocery store for something for his mom, which it seemed like it was going to be an easy in, easy out so I agreed to it... then we got there and it was TWENTY minutes later that I got so frustrated with my increasing pain and nausea and I went to the door of the store to find out what was taking so long and said to him "WTH, I'm just recovering from surgery, TAKE ME HOME!!!!!" The bugger had ordered MEAT!!! And was waiting for it to be cut up and prepared. Boy did it make me angry!

I finally made it home and immediately went to bed.

Now for a bit of personal information...... having surgery to my rectum sucked! You know how I mentioned the packing above?! Ya, the surgeon packed my rectum! I'm assuming he incised the abcess from the rectum side and that's why he packed the rectum from that side. I'm assuming he had to maneuver more this time around because my rectum was SUPER swollen.

I've taken the stool softener from the get go but the feeling of needing to poo was terrible. Then when it was time to actually go, it felt like I was trying to give birth thru my rectum. Oh my poor rectum! As if it hasn't been tortured enough, then it has to go through this! My poor bottom was bleeding again afterwards. I was almost in tears again after the first time. Boy you dont realize how you take this sort of thing forgranted until you can't do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment