Friday, May 29, 2020

Ouch

We have a coffee shop in our hospital and several weeks back I picked up my tea and headed to my unit. But on the way up I managed to hurt my neck. Couldn't tell you how.

I went home that day, goodness the pain was intense. But it gradually eased up and I went back to work after a bunch of days off. I got lucky that I had cardiac patients and it wasn't hard on my neck and got through my couple of shifts. 

This last week however, I had a typical ICU patient and managed to tweak my neck again. Goodness it hurts. I get this shocking pain down my neck, through my shoulder and down into my fingers. I know I pinched a nerve at about C6-ish. Confirmed by the ER MD. No test though, so don't really know why exactly it happened.

Regardless, I lost another day of work and had a couple more days off afterwards so I rested as much as I could - doing my physio to help myself.

But to no avail, still hurts like a mother sucker - so I let my family MD know about it and so now I'm on modified duties. Also, I need to have physio and a chiropractor would be helpful, but can't because everything is still shut down. Sad face!

Had to work last night, thankfully we had an ICU patient that didn't require any pushing/pulling,turning/lifting - a nice stable DKA for me thank you very much.

Even having a pt like this caused pain - but at least it was manageable. We'll see what this weekend holds as it's my weekend to work. So this should be interesting to say the least.

Wish me a speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment