Sunday, June 27, 2021

Spare the little ones

 Recently had a CPS case (Child Protective Service) where I was brought a little one with suspected child abuse.

And the signs of abuse were so unbelievably obvious, there was no mistaking that this precious little person was abused. 

Makes me angry because while I know what it feels like to be a young mom and to be in an abusive relationship and to be basically in charge of the care of a little one and not really know how to care for a little one and having points in time where I was angry at my little one.

But never once did I take that out on my little one. Whenever I got to that point, little one would go into their crib so that I could take a breather. Even if that means that little one would be screaming their head off. 

You can't take care of a little one if you aren't taking care of yourself first..... but that doesn't mean that you forget that you're the sole person who is responsible for the care of the person who can't live without you.

I hope I don't have to take care of any more CPS cases. It just makes me so sad for the little ones and so angry at the people who swear they love this little one.


No comments:

Post a Comment