Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Gone but not forgotten



I returned to work on Monday after having a week+ off (yes I know I'm lucky, and it wasn't because of vacation, it's just how my schedule rolls) to find out that our clerk (the one who processes our doctor's orders for us) had died last thursday.

I was in complete shock. I couldn't believe it. She was only 51 yrs. She didn't have any pre existing chronic conditions. She was sick with the flu/terrible cold when I worked with her on the previous Friday and was telling me she was wondering whether she should work the next day because she felt so yucky.

We have lost a good woman and I will miss her. She was certainly taken too young. I do, however, feel a bit better that at least she went fast and didn't suffer (from what we've been told). That's the way I want to go when it's my time - quick and painless. One minute here, the next minute gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment