Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Oh my back doc, what are we going to do?!

So about a month back I was turning an obese pt by myself, ya I know, stupid, but the ppl I was working with were also super busy so there wasn't anyone I could really ask for assisstance. When I turned this pt, I hear a pop in my back but nothing hurt so I just went along my merry little way. Give it a couple of days and yeppers by back started to hurt. Well just before we went to Cuba I couldn't take the pain anymore and went to a chiropractor. He helped decrease my pain so at least I could function and I followed it up with a massaage, and did this at least once a week until last week when I got sick with a sinus cold and a chest infection. Well just when the sinus and chest starts to look like I'm out of the clear, my back kicks up in over gear.

I went to my Dr who says that I need an x-ray (chiropractor thinks I have a L5/S1 disc herniation) so I went and did that yesterday and follow up next Tuesday and in the meantime I'm hitting the couch and muscle relaxants hard. Part of me hopes it is cuz then there's a legitimate reason my back hurts so much and the other part hopes it isn't cuz that would suck hard!

Guess we'll see on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. I would never turn an obese patient by myself. It's just not worth it.

    My husband got a herniated disk when he got hit by a car. Terrible pain sometimes.

    My site http://speedingthroughnursingschool.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete