Friday, March 4, 2016

Sigma Theta Tau International invitation

I've reached the big leagues and my hard work is being recognized - I accepted my invitation today.

I didn't quite understand the significance of the offer because my hubby (ever the researcher) has made me turn down previous offers to accept honor society offers of enrollment. So when he called me and asked me if I accepted the offer (he saw over my shoulder prior to him going to work) and he was alllllll jacked up, I didn't quite understand why he was all worked up.

He was soooooo excited on my behalf. According to him this is the honor society of all honor socities for nurses! He was so excited because only ~45 people would be offered an invitation. Now while this doesn't sound significant (it didn't to me at first to be honest) - lets just do so - this 45 person offer includes ALL nursing related programs - LPN, LPN-BSN, RN-BSN, Straight up BSN, fast track BSN, MSN, DNP, (including online/distance and on-campus) etc... that is offered by my university!!!  OK, my university is HUGE and offers MANY nursing programs and so when I found out that I was one of the 45 (out of probably thousands) then THAT is significant!!!!!!!

So ya, I accepted that one PRONTO and even bought my stole for graduation - gotta show that I got my honors and paid my dues - ha!


Now to just graduate

1 comment: