Saturday, August 20, 2016

Getting ready

Next week is my surgery. On tuesday I have pre-op, then I'll learn what time I have surgery. I'm kinda nervous about it all. Going into this surgery I don't know what I'll come out of at the end of it. I'm sure hoping that this time next week I'll be over and done with.

And while I want to be optomistic, I've seen firsthand that that's not the way it always works out. I had a patient last year whose buttocks were a mine field of fistulas... I'm worried that I'm dipping my toes into a puddle I don't know the depth of which I'm getting into.

I'm just hopeful that I heal properly and that I don't have to worry about this issue any further.

And next week I also start the 'final' semester (good lord I sure hope that it's the final) - I'm getting a running start at it b/c the prof opened up the course already. It's going to be a doozy of a semester too. The other course is all about ATI, NCLEX and Kaplan - holy heck it's going to be a lot to keep my head above water. Plus I'm supposed to go back to work after I heal from this surgery.

Then we're supposed to move in the beginning of october. Hubby just asked me the other day what day I want to  move on. Problem is that I have a major paper & presentation due that week and so there's no way that it can be done that week - or it won't be a lot that I'm involved in. Good thing is that we're going to be in possession of both houses and so it doesn't really matter when exactly we move either than the fact that we're supposed to cut the utilities and internet here to move it to the new house. Unfortunately, I need the internet in order to submit my stuff so I don't know how we're going to work that.

Plus I'm sure that moving will add stress to my already stressfull life. Hopefully I can handle it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment