Saturday, May 17, 2014

Oh great, another thing to look forward to!

Went to the Dr's last week (I think I have another abcess! - EEEK!) for a follow up on the blood work we took a couple of weeks ago.

So I'm in the all clear for the Strep - didn't think I caught anything but it's always good to make sure - I mean, I DID use standard precautions and I didn't notice anything splash up so I figured I was alright....

So what's with the title you ask?.....

I earned a trip to the immunologist....

Turns out that I'm STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLL not immune to measles, mumps (but rubella finally took) which means I got ANOTHER round of injections for that sucker - that will make round THREEEEE (ouch my arm!)

On Tuesday I have to go back to him to get the next shot for the MMR - hopefully it'll work.

And just because work wants to know (was supposed to do it when I got hired) - I'm not immune to Hep B

Here in Canada we get immunized when we're in Grade 7-8.... and we get three shots to make sure that we're good and immune.... which is supposed to last FOREVER!!!!! Ya well it seems this body doesn't LIKE immunizations and so now I get to do these shots all over again!!! All three of them!

Wanna know the kicker?! Because I'm not enrolled in the grade 7-8 time slot, I get to pay $30 PER SHOT

UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH

So now because this is the FOURTH abcess I have developed and the immunizations don't seem to hold up in my system, we need to do some investigative work which means an appt with an immunologist - which won't be until the middle of November - such a long time away.... wonder if it means that I won't be able to work because I'm not immune to a bunch of things?!

No comments:

Post a Comment