Saturday, March 15, 2014

Lots to say

I'll squeeze a few things into this post....

I cut my hair last about 2 years ago - there were two wedding scheduled and so I was told in no amount of words that I was NOT allowed to cut my hair - one wedding was my BFF's and I was her maid of honour and she wanted us to get updo's and I love her so of course I gave into her desires. The other wedding was my BIL whom I detest (loathe actually) and my MIL told me that I was not allowed to cut it and threatened to disown me (essentially) if I cut it - BOY was THAT tempting!!! But hubby begged me and so for HIM and him alone I didn't cut it. Then I entered clinical time and it's usually preferred that the hair be tied back - so I delayed and delayed and delayed... so that takes me to my next point...

I passed clinical!!! Now some may say that that isn't much of an achievement, but this is the course in which I was failed for. THIS course is the bane of my existence! My preceptor said that I did great, and that I'll make an excellent nurse (already am one btw - wasn't about to say that to her though!)

So I went and chopped all my hair off (from the middle of my back to JUST below my ears) as a present - came home and hubby was awake (surprising since he worked nights yesterday) and he was shocked but loved it. MIL started complaining (in Urdu of course) about my haircut - oh well she's not the one I'm with so that doesn't matter much. Now today I'm going to dye it (a shocking color)...

and that leads to my third point - my BFF flies in today! YAY!!!!!!!! I'm super uber excited. Her and her 5 month old daughter are coming for 5 days. I can't wait to see them! i miss BFF like crazy - we haven't been talking much since the birth of her daughter cuz she's not working and because her daughter is a morning person (yuck!) and so she now goes to bed uber early - which means when I get off work and want to chat she's not available and when she wants to talk, I'm usually sleeping so I'm not available - it's like 2 ships passing in the night. We talk now about twice a month whereas we WERE talking about 2+ times a week. I miss it and I miss her. So I'm stoked that they're coming here. I'm also going to get her to dye my hair - easy to get her to do it than for me to struggle to make sure I get everything covered properly. I'll try to post a pic...

No comments:

Post a Comment