Monday, March 24, 2014

Something's happening to me

I'm a bit in denial. Have been for quite some time. When BFF was here it struck home that it wasn't just me thinking that I was off, she noticed it as well.

For the last year I have noticed that finding the "right" word has become difficult. In the last 3 months it's become a daily struggle. I'm finding my eye sight a bit off, as well as my hearing. Oh my hearing - I feel like I'm going deaf. Hell I feel like a hypochondriac. But are you one when others start to notice these things as well? I don't know. It's been really hard writing my papers for school because I'm struggling to find the word that I want but doesn't sound right in the sentence and having to use the built in thesaurus when I already know that i should know the word but it's not coming to me is frustrating. Writing this blog is frustrating at times as well because of this. How to you relate how you feel when you can't put it into writing (let alone speaking) - let me tell ya, I certainly can empathize with my aphasic patients!

When I "googled" the difficulty finding words thing = anostic aphasia is what they call it. And it turns out that it's not so great. Options open to me are lesion, tumor, or brain injury (AKA actual injury or stroke) - so ya not good options!

I was hoping when I worked this weekend that I would come across one of our neurologists and simply ask their opinion but alas I did not. I don't work until next weekend so it's unlikely that I would come across one then anyways. So I suppose that I have to make an appointment with my GP and see what he thinks. I know something's happening to me, I just have a hard time not expecting the worst (considering what I've been going through for the last 9+ months!).

No comments:

Post a Comment